JACKIE PALMER, BETTY HARRISON AND HELEN LONDON
29 August – 4 September
- Jackie Palmer, Betty Harrison and Helen London are three artists who work at the Lansdown Art Studios.
- Betty and Jackie graduated from the University of Gloucestershire in 2007 and 2008 respectively. Helen London studied at the London Guildhall University.
- Betty works mostly in oils but is increasingly using mixed media to produce landscapes, seascapes and, of late, has introduced images of animals into the landscapes; all are inspired by certain qualities of light and atmosphere.
- Jackie works in acrylic. Colour is very important to her even though the work is often monochrome. Her images are achieved by an exciting mix of pure vibrant colour.
- Helen is a silversmith and her jewellery is influenced by traditional decorative craft combined with contemporary elegant design.