‘SUBLIME SIGHT’- MELANIE THORN, RITA THORN AND JEANETTE FAULKNER CLARKE
4 – 10 July 2012
- Sublime Sight features an exhibition of new work by three artists, Rita Thorn, Jeanette Faulkner Clarke and Melanie Thorn. Each artist has their own individual style which interacts and merges with the other to create some interesting contrasts and parallels.
- Rita trained in art at Cardiff University and has pursued a career in teaching. More recently she has created Hands on Art, a home based studio where she pursues her own practice and also holds classes for adults and children in a number of art disciplines. Rita’s new collection develops her exploration of colour using the vibrant and spontaneous nature of inks and water colour with other media to create some unexpected effects and individual interpretations of subjects in a contemporary style.
- Jeanette and Melanie both graduated in fine Art from the University of Gloucestershire in 2008 and have since exhibited their work in local galleries within Worcestershire and Gloucestershire.
- Jeanette pursues her practice form her studio in Worcestershire, finding her inspiration in the inherent beauty and spirit in all things manifested in form, giving her a wide and varied subject matter. Jeanette has used mixed media and inks, working with the unpredictable nature of these materials in her latest collection which portrays her love of horses, capturing their many characteristics.
- Melanie continued to graduate with a Master’s degree in Urban Design from Birmingham City University and went on to start a new creative design business, Melanie’s Studio Designs, based in Worcestershire, offering illustrative drawing services, handmade occasion stationery and graphic design services alongside her painting practice. Melanie’s paintings in oils and acrylics take you on her journey of discovery of sublime light reflected in the towns and countryside of Southern France where she travelled last summer, immersing herself in the atmosphere of Provence and the Côte d’Azur.