Harmony – GradGallery
‘HARMONY’ – GRADGALLERY
11 – 17 July 2012
- This summer, members of the illustration collective GradGallery present their new exhibition, “Harmony”, at the Gardens Gallery, Cheltenham from Wednesday 11th to Tuesday 17th July 2012. This is GradGallery’s second show in Cheltenham after their successful 2011 exhibition “Illustration”.
- The collective GradGallery was established in 2010 by a group of University College Falmouth Illustration graduates. The aim of the collective is to exhibit as a group around the country and to promote illustration to a wider audience.
- The name “Harmony” is inspired by the Cheltenham Music Festival, which will be running at the same time as the exhibition. It also reflects how each artists work, although very different in style and subject, work harmoniously alongside each other.
- The work on display will show an exciting range of disciplines within the practice of illustration. These include children’s illustration, editorial and advertising work, photography, greetings card designs, and fashion illustration. The artists use a variety of media, ranging from watercolour to collage.
- Since their last Cheltenham show members of the collective have returned to their various bases around the country, including Gloucestershire and the south west, working on commissions and further study. It is our Falmouth connection that once again brings us and our work together to exhibit once more in such unique setting that is The Gardens Gallery.
- The collective are hoping that this exhibition will showcase illustration, as an alternative to fine art, to a broader and more diverse audience. Artists exhibiting include Sophia Bloxham, Lucy Boden, Liz Clayton, Dawn Brown, Laura Elliot, Michael Gambriel, Amy Brazier, Philip Matthews, Emma Ridgway, Alice Worthington and Amberin Huq.
- Original artworks, limited edition prints, postcards and greetings cards will be available to purchase at the exhibition. You will also be able to meet the artists whose work is on show.
- For further information about us or individual artists please visit the GradGallery website www.gradgallery.co.uk