Beyond Reality – A Photographic Interpretation
‘BEYOND REALITY – A PHOTOGRAPHIC INTERPRETATION’
BRIAN SWINYARD MA(Photo) ARPS EFIAP/b DPAGB BPE3* PPSA
KEITH COOPER LRPS LBPPA
18 – 24 July 2012
- Three independent local photographers are holding an exhibition of their work at The Gardens Gallery in Montpellier Gardens, 18-24 July, open 10am – 5pm daily. This marks a return visit to the Gallery which has been prompted by positive public reaction to their previous Exhibition in 2010.
- The group comprises photographers Brian Swinyard, Keith Cooper and Lynton Bolton who have a growing local, national and international reputation. The Exhibition showcases a diverse range of imaginative and talented work and is a visual pot-pourri of colour, monochrome and infra-red prints, embracing creative, landscape, nature, portrait and travel photographic genres. The images provide a snapshot of the individual photographers’ interests which transcend reality to show something more than a mere record.
- Brian Swinyard is an aspirational photographer with special interest in creative photography where he tries to capture emotions, feelings and moods in his work. He is a National/International Judge, Lecturer, Tutor and has gained a Master of Arts Degree in Photography. Many of his images have been accepted (some medal winners) in National and International Exhibitions and Salons in Europe, Middle East, Far East and American continents. His work has been published in In-House and Photography Magazines and Journals. He is a member of the Royal Photographic Society (RPS), Photographic Society of America (PSA), Photographic Alliance of Great Britain (PAGB), Federation of International Amateur Photographers (FIAP), Cheltenham Camera Club, Gloucester Camera Club and Smethwick Photographic Society. website: http://www.brianswinyardphotography.com http://www.schoolofphotography.com
- Keith Cooper’s aim in photography, as in life, is to see beauty in the natural world and to try to represent that in his images, whether it is the beauty of a woodland in Autumn, a dramatic seascape, a storm in the mountains or the image of a beautiful woman. Photography is a journey through life capturing that fleeting moment or glance and preserving that moment through his images. He works in film, digital, monochrome, colour and his specialism is in monochrome infra-red images of landscapes and portraits. He hopes to pursue his photographic journey of capturing and interpreting beauty to produce fine art imagery. He is a Licentiate of the Royal Photographic Society (LRPS) and a member of the Society of Wedding and Portrait Photographers (SWPP). He has been judging club competitions for approximately 10 years and together with a photographic colleague, he has been visiting camera clubs to give a lecture entitled ‘Conventional and Digital Dabblings’.
- Lynton Bolton has been successful in National UK and International Exhibitions/Salons with over 100 Acceptances and Awards in Europe, USA and India. Many of his images are held on photographic stock Agencies/Libraries, some have been sold and some have been published. He has undertaken several commissions with UK firms and organisations and is currently being sponsored by Fotospeed. He has also self-published two photography books (Feathers and Wings, Ethereal Smoke) which are on sale with http://www.blurb.co.uk. In many respects, Lynton is at a photographic crossroads. Building on his passion for photographing birds in flight, he now finds that he wants to develop more his creative side using smoke art photography in conjunction with his graphic design skills to create thought provoking pieces of work.